Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

May dog has a uti for The first time. She is a French dog 22…

Customer Question
May dog has a...

May dog has a uti for The first time. She is a French bull dog 22 lbs what dosage and duration and type of antibiotic should I give her.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Jane she is 2

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/24/2017
Dog Veterinarian: jadedangel57, owner replied 5 months ago
jadedangel57

Hi Jacustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jane. I have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today. I'm so sorry that no other expert answered your question earlier. Your question just showed up on the list of unanswered questions that I have access to and I wanted to help. I hope you will rate my answer rather than the delay.

Two that are commonly used are cephalexin (Keflex) and Enrofloxacin (Baytril.

You can read about Keflex and dosages here:

http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/prescription/cephalexin-keflex-for-dogs-and-cats

You can read about Baytril and dosages here:

http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/prescription/enrofloxacin-baytril

This site discusses UTI’s and various medications used for treatments.

http://www.vin.com/proceedings/Proceedings.plx?CID=WSAVA2003&PID=6538&O=Generic

You should have your dog seen by a Vet for any UTI and should not administer any prescription medication without notifying your vet first.

This site goes over a holistic approach to uti treatment.

http://www.preciouspets.org/newsletters/articles/urinary-tract-infections.htm

http://beingstray.com/dogs/home-remedies-for-dogs-urinary-tract-infection/

I hope I've given you great service. If so, I'd appreciate a 5 star rating. The rating should be based on my answer and not any site issue. Experts are not compensated until a rating is done. If you have any other questions at all, please reply here and I'll be happy to follow up with you even after you have rated. .

Dog Veterinarian: jadedangel57, owner replied 4 months ago

Hi Again,

I just thought I'd check in to see how things are going for you and your dog. I strive to provide the best answer possible. Did you find my answer helpful?.

jadedangel57
jadedangel57
jadedangel57, owner