Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is limping and he falls everytime he stands up to…

Customer Question
My dog is limping...

My dog is limping and he falls everytime he stands up to walk he's hardly eating

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

He doesn't

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. How old is Limping?

He's 7 years old he's a chihuahua

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Limping?

He's been limpimng for 2 days

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/23/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share a video of what you're seeing?

I can’t, it says that the file is too large

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If you are located in the USA and texting pictures/video would be preferable, please let me know. There is an additional charge for this service but it can take the guesswork out of trying to get information back to me and facilitate a faster response.

He is limping, has a hard time getting up when he falls, hasn’t pooped in 2 days and won’t eat or drink

Has he had any diagnostics performed yet on his spine and rear limbs?

When did he stop eating and drinking?

Any vomiting or diarrhea?

Is he wobbly when he stands or do his legs slide out from beneath him?

He’s wobbling, shaking, no diarrhea or vomiting - he stoppped eating two days ago.
When he stands to walk, he falls on his side and whimpers and barks at us when we try to pick him up

It sounds like your companion is in pain. I would highly recommend a visit to an ER vet today for an examination and diagnostics. It's very possible he's not eliminating because he's not eating or drinking. He may be avoiding doing so since he's painful and unable to effectively get up. Would you like my help in finding a veterinary office that can see him today?

https://youtu.be/naHInTBpMCY tHis is the video of him

Checking in. How is your companion doing today?