Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog ate on of my syntroid pills (for thyroid). We r

Customer Question
My dog ate on...

My dog ate on of my syntroid pills (for thyroid). We r traveling and vet closed for holiday. Will he be ok

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

2.5. 40 lbs snickers. Plz let me know

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Snickers

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?

Vet gave me something to give him for anxiety for trip so he has both now. Snythroid 150 too. Is it OK one pill7v

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/23/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help with this concern about Snickers.

Please give me a few minutes to type back a response for you. Deb

The dosage amount for thyroid replacement medication is much higher for dogs than it is for people; therefore, the ingestion of one human pill is rarely going to cause any issues for the patient who swallows it.

I wouldn't expect any significant side effects to be seen; he should be fine. I hope this helps to reassure you about him. Deb