Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My kelpie rescue dog coughs at night like something is

Customer Question
My kelpie rescue dog...

My kelpie rescue dog coughs at night like something is stuck. It only happens a couple of times. Otherwise he is eating well happy and not coughing after exercising or during the day. We have had him and his brother for over a year and have had a good check up at the vet only a few weeks ago. Is this a concern?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Coughing can be worrying. The Expert will know what you should do. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your kelpie?

He is up to date on vaccinations and otherwise very happy.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/23/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Sally G., Dog Training Consultant replied 7 months ago
Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you.

Does this come on randomly , last for a few minutes ,then stop ?

Does it sound like the dog is choking or gagging on something or does it sound like an actual cough?

Does it sound something like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3L4v0W2_Sw