Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I think my dog broke one of his hind legs, and I can't reach…

Customer Question
I think my dog broke...
I think my dog broke one of his hind legs, and I can't reach my vet because it's Thanksgiving. He is whimpering and is having a hard time sleeping. I have some hydrocodone but it has Tylenol in it. What can I do to help him with his pain?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/23/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that none of our other Experts have reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

He is still limping. I have some cough syrup that was prescribed for my other cavalier, Molly. She has congestive heart failure and has her good days and bad days, but her cough syrup has hydrocodone in it. We gave to him round the clock from Wednesday evening through Thursday. We have not given him anything today. He puts some weight on it but he is hurting. Before we gave him the cough syrup, he was crying and whimpering. We will give it to him tonight before he goes to bed. My Vet is still on Thanksgiving vacation and no one is in the office. I will have to wait until Monday to try to get him an appointment.

Have you considered an ER visit or another veterinary location that may be open for Saturday hours?