Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Left for an hour or so, and when i came back my datson. Is…

Customer Question
Left for an hour...

Left for an hour or so, and when i came back my datson

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

Is going in circles .fi

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

Sorry not good at computors. She was laying there like she was wanting me to get a treat or something that was under the couch, couldn't find anything. Then I thought maybe she had a scent of a cridder. My granddaughter and I wanted to take the dogs to the park, she loves her walks.But wouldn't budge. got her to the park and she just wanted to walk circles around the car. Now she's in the original spot panting and going in circles. But our pit seems to fine

Veterinarian's Assistant: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?

Lil Angel around 7 or 8. the only thing I can think of is my son shocked the pool the other day and we don"t have the filters running cause we have to get it in shape first and I was out there skimming today, but like I said the other dog seems fine

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lil?

I put Avanta sorry AvantaicksII on yesterday

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
why is my dog going in circles? It's not lethargy cause she won't stop moving
plus she looks bloated. She's got 10mg Acepromazine for traveling, takes about an 1/8th. I've also found a small pea size lump. around the middle and right side of her pointy cheast.
I'm gona have to give her apiece of her med! She's been at this for hours.WHAT DO I DO?????????
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/23/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 4 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that none of our other Experts have reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

Gave her, her pill, and it settled her down for the night. It's her ears!! Her and her pit bull brother just go back and forth with this. He always seems to be shaking his head. In her 8 yrs.she's never had problems like this. I tried cleaning them the best I could with peroxide and que tip, and put ear mite med in. Her ears are so deep I can only clean them so much. I can tell her inner ear needs to be cleaned, I myself use ear wax candles but I don't have any. I'm sure sum of the hair in her ears need to be trimmed. My mom said she would pluck her poodles, but I won't do that

Many dachshunds don't require having their ear canals plucked, but it sounds like you're battling an ear infection here which ear mite medication and peroxide won't fix. You'll need to have an ear evaluation performed by your vet as well as an ear flush and ear medications. If this is chronically an issue, you may need to be shown how to flush ears at home and to keep a bottle of flush on hand which can help prevent ear infections. You can use the same protocol and flush for your pitbull, as well.

Checking in. How is Lil Angel doing today?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse