Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

The vet made antibiotics injection to my dog, and the dog is…

Customer Question
The vet made antibiotics...

The vet made antibiotics injection to my dog, and the dog is vomiting for 12 hours already.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?

No, I tried to give him a white chicken meat, and the dog through up again

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name?

Oscar. Large breed. Dogo Argentine. 2 year old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Oscar?

He has allergy.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/23/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here.

I would be happy to help you!

What antibiotic?

Any other medications?

How long after the injection did he vomit?

Why was he given the injection?

Paul

convenia
The dog has infection - red spots around the nose.
Since 4 am of the morning

Thanks.

This certainly does sound like an adverse reaction to the injection.

And this has been documented before with this product

Do NOT give it again

I would consider a steroid treatment ponce or twice to help with the reaction and then go to a different class of antibiotic given orally

Make sense?

Paul