Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Her gum certainly have become very remote and smell of

Customer Question
Hi! Her gum certainly...

Hi! Her gum certainly have become very remote and smell of blood. I have brushed her teeth and

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

It is very sudden and strange…… She doesn't seem to be acting like it is really bothering her. She had her teeth cleaned about six months ago. She is a Poodle 7 pounds and is five years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Kippy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kippy?

No she is usually in good health She is eating

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Very red
Hello?
11/23/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here.

I would be happy to help you!

I wonder if she has one tooth with severe gingivitis and there is bleeding of the gums associated with that.

The other possibility could be a lesion within the mouth (can you look inside) that is bleeding

What do you mean when you say, "remote"?

Paul

Well those gums dont look terrible.

Here is what I think:

She may have licked some area on her body that had blood- in her urine or perhaps from her behind?

OR

She may have had some bleeding from the gums secondary to chewing that dental bone and now you smell that

OR

There is a lesion that we cant see (less likely)

Do you have any dental care products at home?

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian