Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My female Chihuahua is having her season every 3- 4 months,

Customer Question
My female Chihuahua is...

My female Chihuahua is having her season every 3- 4 months, and is not failing pregnant. What can be done to correct this

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the Chihuahua?

She has had a previous litter, is 5 years old and in great health.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/23/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 5 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

You're likely going to need to see a reproductive specialist about her overly frequent heat cycles and the fact that she is not conceiving. When was the last time that bloodwork was performed? Do you have a copy to share?

PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse