Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has fluid in her lungs. She is on lasix. She ate a…

Customer Question
My dog has fluid...

My dog has fluid in her lungs. She is on lasix. She ate a little chicken today and a little bacon. She seems so weak. Not sure what else to do. Taken her to the vet twice this week. She is 14.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?

Snuggles

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Snuggles?

She has heart problems, collapsing trachea and cushings

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/22/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Snuggles has a history of fluid in the lungs and is currently taking Lasix for it. I am sorry to hear about the recent problems. Fluid in the lungs often comes secondarily to heart disease. Is Lasix the only medication she is currently taking? There might need to be an adjustment to the dosage.

That's ok, please cancel my quesiton.

No problem. I will send it to Customer Service to fulfill your request.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian