Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Cane corso puppy 1 year old drags his front paws on long

Customer Question
walks and tripps very clumsy...
cane corso puppy 1 year old drags his front paws on long walks and tripps very clumsy. weighs 140 very big puppy
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bruno
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bruno?
Customer: Well he had a undesented testicle that was tangled in his abdomen, he had surgery today for that, going to pick him up now
Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peck, Dog Veterinarian replied 23 days ago
Dr. Peck
Dr. Peck, Dog Veterinarian

Greetings, I'm Dr. Peck, a minute while I type my reply...

Given he's at your local vet today, I would encourage you to ask them about this concern. They should have done a complete physical examination prior to anesthesia / surgery. If you haven't mentioned it to them, ask them about it and to look at his legs specifically, they can do a careful orthopedic and neurologic examination to assess for anything amiss. Further recommendations would depend on that assessment. This may be normal for a giant breed puppy like this (often clumsier dogs when they are young), it may be that he's just tiring out and you need to shorten the walks (pushing a giant breed to exercise too much in this manner can result in orthopedic issues), or it may be a reflection of something pathologic. X-rays of the effected limbs might be considered depending on the veterinarians examination and you level of concern.

I hope my thoughts are helpful to you. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions, simply write me back! I’ll reply as soon as I’m able. Otherwise, please be sure to kindly rate using the stars, so that I receive credit for helping with your question today (this is how professionals on this site are compensated for their time). Thanks! – Dr. Peck.

Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peck, Dog Veterinarian replied 21 days ago

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peck
Dr. Peck
Dr. Peck
Dr. Peck, Dog Veterinarian