Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

On Saturday my 14 year old German Shepherds eyes

Customer Question
Hi ***** my 14...

Hi ***** my 14 year old German Shepherds eyes 'disappeared' up into their sockets leaving only the whites showing and she was walking around almost in circles totally dis oriented. She was barking at the time, we went to touch her to get her attention as she is losing her hearing and noticed the eyes. It was really scary. She immediately stopped barking and was obviously comforted by my touch. Her eyes cam back to normal within half a minute but I am unsure how long they were like it

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Foot?

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the German shepherd's name?

Ria

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ria?

She has over a period of time started to 'lose' her back legs but shows no sign of any pain. She's eating normally and today and yesterday has initiated play

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/20/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Is her appearance back to normal today?

How can I best assist you?

as normal as she can be for her old age

How can I best assist you?

I was hoping you could advise what might have caused this and should I be considering having her put to sleep or if she has pulled through

If I understood correctly, her condition has returned to normal. If this is the case, I don't think euthanasia is in the cards, at least for the near future. Do you happen to have any pictures or video of what you were seeing? Has this happened again?