Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog had a pretty bad stomach bug friday and was

Customer Question
Hi there! My dog had...
Hi there! My dog had a pretty bad stomach bug friday and was hospitalized friday night with IV fluids. He had an xray and then an ultrasound to check for a blockage. No blockage so he's been home since saturday afternoon. He's on a boiled chicken/rice diet and eating fine. However he isn't really interested in water. is that normal?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he's almost 5. Mixed breed (part collie, part yorkie)
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Yawkey?
Customer: He's otherwise in good health.
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/20/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Joan, Vet Tech replied 25 days ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My nameis Joan and I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I am so sorry Yawkey was feeling poorly, but glad he was seen and doing better.

As far as the the Drinking, it is not unusual for dog not to want to drink a lot after a stomach upset. We sometimes need to entice them to drink a little extra. You can make a little plain chicken broth from the chicken you are feeding in the bland diet and offer that mixed with Pedialyte or water. The flavor usually entices the dog to drink some extra fluids. This should resolve itself and Yawkey be back to his normal habits in a few days.

Please press reply to discuss any concerns and this information. If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars. My goal is to give you nothing less than excellent service and to be sure you are satified with the answer you recieved. I am here to help.

Joan

Dog Veterinarian: Joan, Vet Tech replied 23 days ago
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Customer

How is your Dog doing? I wanted to check in and see if the information supplied was helpful and if he is doing better.

Joan

Joan
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech