Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I took my shih tzu Katie to the ver. She was & is congested…

Customer Question
HI I took my...

HI I took my shih tzu Katie to the ver

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the Shih Tzu?

She was & is congested in her sinuses, with one nostril running, so she gave her clinacin because she thought that it may be a tooth problem since her gums by the one tooth have receeded a bit. However since starting the Clinacin, her appetite has decreased drastically now, which wasn't the case prior to the meds she was eating great, she sounded like she had a cold, but now she's showing labored breathing, and is what seems like falling asleep sitting g up then falls over

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the Shih Tzu's name and age?

Katie 12 years old healthy til now, never a problem

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Katie?

Nothing has always been very healthy, perks right up to go outside, will jump to have a piece of toast with peanut butter, but wont touch her dog food, nor the raw dog food which she loves

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
I am wondering if I should stop the Clinacin since these issues have developed only since being on it, as well am working during if it's an allergic reaction to it
11/20/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. THE WEBSITE SENDS THE REQUESTS; NOT MYSELF. If these symptoms just started with the antibiotic, I probably would stop it for a couple of days to see how she responds. I would definitely just call your vet to let me know what is going on and that you would like to stop the medication for now. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get compensated for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation after rating. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Hello. I was just following up to see how Katie is doing and to see if you have any other questions.