Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He is coughing gagging can’t be still to sleep ears hot to…

Customer Question
He is coughing gagging...

He is coughing gagging can’t be still to sleep ears hot to touch loves for us to rub ears

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Beagle

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the beagle. What is the beagle's name and age?

Fred. Not sure about age. Older dog. Has been mistreated. Very anxious

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Fred?

Bet days he has arthritis. Has good heart sounds she has him on cough tablets and fluid tablets also ear drops. Still not better but is a fighter and trying real hard because he knows that he has no fear of being hurt. I have carried to two different vets and he still has coughing or gagging. Nothing ever comes up but he always shakes his head from side to side as if trying to get something out

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Fred?

He stays on the house with me. I take him out to walk some people say he does this to get my attention. But I believe there is something in his ears and the drops are not working

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/20/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 5 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian