Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a puppy a chin pin born july 21st she is always very…

Customer Question
I have a puppy...

I have a puppy a chin pin born july 21st she is always very active. She was in her bed and wined i picked her up and she has drool and is lethargic. It is very wet around her mouth. I checked her bed and it was wet.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the puppy. What is the dog's name?

Tulip. In her bed I found a plastic headphone bag from American Airlines that she had chewed the corner out of.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the puppy?

She is drooling and can not keep her head up. She is sleepy and is shakinf

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/20/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

Any vomiting or diarrhea?

Is she eating and drinking well?