Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Im trying not to panic but i came home and my dog got into a…

Customer Question
Im trying not to...

Im trying not to panic but i came home and my dog got into a few pill bottles

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your dog?

She seems fine but she swalloled pills

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your dog seem to hurt?

She isnt hurting. i just dont know if i should tak eher to the vet. she seems fine she sate the pills a hour ago ate*

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Lola 11months

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Lola?

11 months boxer

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lola?

No she swalloed 3 different kinds of human medicine. Anti naseous pills, anti confulsive ( for bipolar) pills and antiacid pills

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/20/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Denise, Dog Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise, Dog Veterinarian

Hi. I’m Dr. Denise, a licensed veterinarian. Welcome to JustAnswer! I’d like to help with your concerns regarding Lola.

I'm so sorry to hear that Lola made such a bad choice and ingested human medication.

My best recommendation includes 3 steps:

1. Induce her to vomit.

2. Call Animal Poison control - especially considering that she ingested 3 different medications. They will be needed to evaluate her risks and appropriate treatment.

3. As soon as she has vomited, take her to a Emergency Veterinary facility IMMEDIATELY.

Instructions to induce her to vomit:

I recommend inducing Lola to vomit. Do you have hydrogen peroxide?

She will need about (30ml = 2 Tablespoons) of hydrogen peroxide orally.

Then walk her inside on a leash with a garbage bag to catch her vomit.

If she does not vomit within 10-15 min of the hydrogen peroxide, she can have a second dose.

It is important that she vomit to the point of dry heaving, to know that her stomach is empty.

Contact information for Animal Poison Control:

ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center Phone Number:(###) ###-####/p>

The ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center (APCC) is your best resource for any animal poison-related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365days a year. A $65 consultation fee may be applied to your credit card.

Once you call them, they have a database of toxic substances and will be able to guide you and your veterinarian to care for Lola.

I hope you were able to successfully induce Lola to vomit and connect with the Animal Poison Control.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I am here to answer all the questions you have. If you have no other questions, I would greatly appreciate your positive review (5 stars). Your review helps connect Experts with other customers so your input is highly appreciated, and it is the only way that I am compensated. Thank you!

Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Denise, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago

Hi, it's Dr. Denise. I'm just checking in to follow-up on Lola. How is she doing?

Please let me know if you have any other questions or if I can offer any additional assistance.