Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog just ripped a big slash under her front leg right in…

Customer Question
My dog just...

My dog just ripped a big slash under her front leg right in underneath the hindquarter she's not bleeding but you can see into her muscles I want to wait to take her to my vet in the morning do you think that would be okay she's walking around but you could tell she's in pain

Veterinarian's Assistant: What sort of animal are we talking about?

A Queensland Heeler and

Veterinarian's Assistant: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?

Yes my son'sdog just ripped underneath her front leg it is not bleeding but u can see her muscles is it OK to wait to take to the vet tommorrow

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the's name and age?

Molly and she's about 5

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Molly?

No I'm just wondering if it's okay to wait to take her to the vet until tomorrow

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/20/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** am happy to help you with your question. Give me just a moment to respond and type.

W​ould you like to take a picture of the wound and show me how bad it is? If you can see her muscles that sounds pretty serious. Having the wound closed tonight will help reduce the chance of infection. If you wait until morning the wound will be considered exposed to bacteria in the environment. So infection would be more likely.