Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My Russel cross has a skin irritation. I have tried a course…

Customer Question
My Jack Russel cross...

My Jack Russel cross has a skin irritation. I have tried a course of apoquel 3.6mg twice a day to no effect. She had a steroid injection last Fri 17th Nov but this has not helped either. There is no broken skin, but she is rolling around trying to reach the itches. She is on revolution flea control ( no sign of fleas) and I have wormed her. her anal glands have been done so I am at a loss. She is not in contact with any plants except some grasses when we go for a walk (minimal contact) Her diet has not changed. She has had a good groom and bath in oatmeal wash. Is there a natural product I can use as I would prefer to avoid steroids?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the jack's name and age?

Minnie 11yrs

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Minnie?

11yrs

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/20/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 5 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that none of our other Experts have reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian