Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a 'snorkie'.....a rescue that we've had for over 4…

Customer Question
I have a 'snorkie'.....a...

I have a 'snorkie'.....a rescue that we've had for over 4 years now and his behavior is getting more and more strange/possessive/acting out almost on a daily basis.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?

Mr Lucky

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Dog Trainer should be aware of about Mr?

We've had him to the 'vet' and there are NO apparent physical problems, but he acts like a spoiled brat/nervous nellie, etc. He was pretty laid back when we first adopted him....now he gets 'upset' and acts out, any time we do ANYTHING....from watch tv, or are in seperate rooms....or not waiting on him 'hand and paw'......

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/19/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Sally G., Dog Training Consultant replied 8 months ago
Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as a service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today. It may take a few minutes for me to type a personal response or type questions regarding your situation. Your patience is very much appreciated.

What do you mean getting upset? Can you give me some examples?

Do you train him daily?

What would he do if you tried to take away a valued possession like a bone or food?

Is he neutered?