Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She is hunkering down in her hind quarters. Licking her

Customer Question
She is hunkering down...

She is hunkering down in her hind quarters. Licking her genetalia, and shivering sometimes. she is 9.no emergency clinic near me

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the hind?

She acts like it is painful to walk or weak

Veterinarian's Assistant: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

No wounds, I have checked her feet.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the hind's name and age?

She is a dog, 9 years old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the hind's name?

Gizmo

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Gizmo?

Japanese Chin

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
She does have a heart murmur, 6/6. I have just started her on amoxicillin. For bacteria reduction today. She has had dierrhea since yesterday AM.
11/20/2017
Dog Veterinarian: jadedangel57, owner replied 8 months ago
jadedangel57

Hi JaCustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jane. I have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today. I'm so sorry that no other expert answered your question earlier. Your question just showed up on the list of unanswered questions that I have access to and I wanted to help. I hope you will rate my answer rather than the delay.

Do you still need help with Gizmo?

If so, It is necessary for me to get a little information from you before I can type up your reply. Your patience is appreciated.

Is Gizmo spayed?

If not, when was her last heat cycle?

Is her vulva swollen?

Is she drinking more?

Is she urinating more often?

Is she able to urinate?

Is she eating normally?

Any vomiting?

I

I think I found the answer I went online and read a lot of stuff. She acts like she is trying to urinate but is not. But she is leaking some urine and it has a slight bloody discoloration in it. I have amoxicillin here for her that we do a regiment 5 days a month because of her heart murmur. I believe it is a UTI and I am taking her to the vet first thing in the morning. I did go ahead and gave her 3 doses of amoxicillin instead of her normal 2 doses. She seems to be responding slightly to that. So thank you for responding but I don't think I need any help this evening. I will just keep a close eye on her during the night and get her to the vet first thing in the morning.

Thanks for letting me know. I do appreciate it.