Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I know hes in paid and he keeps barking and i was wondering…

Customer Question
I know hes in...

I know hes in paid and he keeps barking and i was wondering if that is a sign of him showing that he is in pain

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Tank, he is about 10

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Tank

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tank?

He has a broken leg for years we never had the money to fix it so he just has been limping and his eye is swollen and infected and we didnt have the money to fix it but now that we do the vet said he has a heart murmur and might not make it though surgery because of that plus his age, and i was just wondering if i could give him some of my paid medicine when i went though surgery so he wont be in so much pain

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/19/2017
Dog Veterinarian: petdrz, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian

Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr Z. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply ASAP.

Thanks for trusting me to help you and Tank today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 30 years of experience and would be happy work with you.

Barking is not usually associated with a pain response, but if he is anxious about the pain, it certainly could be.

I cannot recommend that use of any medication for him as I do not have the benefit of having examined him or reviewed his medical records. If your vet has recently evaluated him however, they may be able to approve the use of a medication that you have or recommend something else that may offer him some relief.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

My posted replies are for general education only and not meant as a diagnosis. Only after a thorough veterinary examination can a diagnosis for your pet be made and specific treatments be advised or medications be prescribed.

Dr Z

even if i give him1/2 o4 1/4 of a pill you still do not recommend?

I cannot make any recommendation for the use of any medication without having knowledge of his medical history and having examined him. I'm sorry, but that true for any doctor. Only his vet can make recommendations.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
petdrz