Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has a molar that is coming out and she is in a lot of…

Customer Question
My dog has a...

My dog has a molar that is coming out and she is in a lot of pain

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Her name is ***** ***** she is 14 years

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/19/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Daisy has a molar tooth that is loosely attached and is causing pain. I am sorry to hear about what is happening. Is Daisy vocalizing or panting? This tooth may need to be removed, but if you need a medication option to deal with the pain until it can be treated tomorrow then I can help you with that.

Aspirin can be given for pain. It is the only safe over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medication. Can you please tell me Daisy's estimated weight?