Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My puppy is vomiting and her eye lids look swollen and she's…

Customer Question
Hello my puppy is...

Hello my puppy is vomiting and her eye lids look swollen and she's scratching a lot. What should I do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did Vomiting eat anything unusual?

I don't, it happened over night. It's a possibility

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Vomiting?

She vomited about 6'times

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/19/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Andy, Medical Director replied 5 months ago
Dr. Andy, Medical Director

Welcome! My name is***** am a 2003 UC Davis graduate and practice owner. Please reply with a hello so I know we are connected.

With the swollen eyelids, this sounds a lot like a hypersensitivity reaction to something. Recent vaccination, or perhaps, some type of insect bite or sting.

With bad vomiting and ANY appearance of swelling, I strongly recommend getting in to any vet open today! No delays
Swelling can also result in labored breathing, so you don't want to take a wait and see approach.

Dr. Andy, Medical Director