Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 9 year old poodle Pelu was admitted last Thursday for a…

Customer Question
Hello. My 9 year old...
Hello. My 9 year old poodle Pelu was admitted last Thursday for a dental cleaning. We knew he had to have some extractions and were aware if that. They let me pick him up st 4 o’clock. He was barking and in visible discomfort and pain. He was coughing and had gagging and desperation. I asked them if they checked him and they said everything was fine. I was there with my small son. They handled me my loved Pelu and sent us home. He was in such discomfort and pain. I thought it was because of the extractions. His breathing was elaborated and very short. He died in my arms at 2 o’clock that night. I need to know if He could have lived if we took him. We called but they didn’t answer.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
My question is, do you think he had his trachea broken from a wrong intubation maneuver?
Did them know what they did to him and avoided me the information? Did my loved Pelu suffer much? Please give us some comfort in such painful times..
11/19/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Did Pelu have any pre-surgical lab work performed before surgery?

Do you have a copy of what was performed that day?

What medication, if any, was dispensed with Pelu?

Was a necropsy performed?

he did have blood work. Everything was perfect.

Do you have a copy to share?

Was a necropsy performed?

No. They didn’t want to even show me how many teeth did they pull. The dr never came to me for the diacharge. He sent instead a very nasty person. A nurse I believe. Don’t get me wrong. I am an RN myself
I am not sure what medication. He have had antibiotics before. Never an allergy reaction.
He was a very happy healthy boy

Was a necropsy performed?

Do you have a receipt from that day's services?

I fo have a receipt. They say they pulled 2 teeth there. It was about 10+

Will you share a copy of that receipt?

Was a necropsy performed?

how can I send it?

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If you are located in the USA and texting pictures/video would be preferable, please let me know. There is an additional charge for this service but it can take the guesswork out of trying to get information back to me and facilitate a faster response.

Ok. I am trying to send it now
It won’t let me send the video
We took him about 4 hours prior to his last breathe
The medicines prescribed are antirobe and metacam
The video will not upload

If it's too large for the site, you will need to use youtube.com as mentioned above. We can also move to text for you to send directly to my cell phone, if you like.

that will be better
I don’t want him to be seen like he was
It's not too large
About 7 seconds long

I have sent through a texting off, if that is preferable.

Are you there?

I am here. I have sent an offer for texting if it's easier to send through cell phones and have offer the option of placing the video on youtube.com if you are unable to load it to the website. Outside of that, I can alert customer service that you're having difficulty and see if they can guide you further.

Ok. I don’t think I will keep paying . The video is of my poor dog dying and I only wanted a second opinion.
You’re not even a Doctor. I am a Nurse too as I said.

I'll be happy to opt out. I wish you the best of luck in finding comfort for Pelu's passing.

Considering what I already paid, I still not have a respobse. And you will not be able to tell by watching a video or not. I rather stay with what I know.
Thank you
I still don’t have a response. I need it, please.
Still not have an answer