Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Our older male dachshund has a problem with his bowels. If…

Customer Question
Our older male dachshund has...
Our older male dachshund has a problem with his bowels. If he gets excited or is even sleeping he just starts pooping. He is a active dog still so we want him to continue having a healthy life with the children. Is this a common problem in dachshunds? Any suggestions?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/19/2017
Dog Veterinarian: jadedangel57, owner replied 5 months ago
jadedangel57

Hi JaCustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jane. I have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today. I'm so sorry that no other expert answered your question earlier. Your question just showed up on the list of unanswered questions that I have access to and I wanted to help. I hope you will rate my answer rather than the delay.

Do you still need help with this situation?

If so, It is necessary for me to get a little information from you before I can type up your reply. Your patience is appreciated.

How old is your dachshund?

Has he had anal gland problems in the past?

How do the family members pick him up?

Does he avoid stairs or jumping at all?

Dog Veterinarian: jadedangel57, owner replied 4 months ago

Hi again,

I noticed that you have not responded to my request for more information. Perhaps you deleted it in error or it went to your junk folder and you missed it. Here is the information request again.

Do you still need help with this situation? If so, It is necessary for me to get a little information from you before I can type up your reply. Your patience is appreciated.How old is your dachshund?Has he had anal gland problems in the past?How do the family members pick him up?

Does he avoid stairs or jumping at all?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian