Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She starting throwing up yesterday and diarrhea last night.

Customer Question
She starting throwing up...

She starting throwing up yesterday and diarrhea last night. Hasn’t eaten all day and just laid around. She feels warm on her skin.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?

She’s an Australian sheppard puppy about 5 months old. She stays indoors.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the puppy?

No nothing. She’s never had any issues since we got her. She had her first round of shots that I’m aware of but none since we got her

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/18/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. This is Dr. Hill. In a young puppy with vomiting and diarrhea, I worry about viral infections like parvo virus. Puppies will also develop a low blood sugar and get very dehydrated with vomiting and diarrhea. I recommend that you take her to a local veterinary hospital for a parvo test and potentially some fluids. They can also give Cerenia for the nausea and propectalin and metronidazole for the diarrhea. Please ask any follow up questions.