Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is 7 months old and has been vomiting undigested for…

Customer Question
Hello , my dog...

Hello , my dog is 7 months old and has been vomiting undigested for on and off for about 2 weeks it seems to be his supper meal... we have not seem him do it with his morning meal ..Its happens about 1-4 hours after he eats ..He is very bright and alert and happy running around like his usual self ..No diarrhea that I know of ...He does eat raw bones and is fed table scraps ...his meals consist of kibble one spoon of cottage cheese and one scoop of canned food ....we have now got it down to just his kibble and he is still vomiting every now and then after his supper meal ...I know I should take him to a vet but don't have the funds right now for x-rays and he isn't acting sick or sore in the abdomen he wasn't doing this with his puppy food large breed but seems to be doing this with the adult I switch him too ....but same brand Acanna ...what do you think ?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

Hes a very happy dog but he loves to chew on everything so maybe he has swallowed something that is bugging his stomach ?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
What about IBD in dogs ?
esophageal disorder ?
11/18/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 5 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

What type of raw bones have been fed?

What type of table scraps are fed?

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian