Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My Cavalier ate a small part of a brownie. Cavalier Spaniel

My Cavalier ate a small...
My Cavalier ate a small part of a brownie.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Cavalier King Charles Spaniel he weighs 14 lbs.
JA: OK. The Expert will know if the spaniel will be able to digest that. What is the spaniel's name and age?
Customer: Oliver and he is 1 1/2 years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Oliver?
Customer: Not that I can think of
11/18/2017
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question. By a small amount of brownie, was it like an inch square? More? Less? Was it a regular chocolate brownie?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Oliver 18 months

I like that name for a Cavalier! About how big was this small piece? It was a regular brownie correct?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Just the top of about 3 x 3. I figured this was the equivalent of 1inch square. Made in 9x11 pan so now real thick.

Alright. This shouldn't be a bad situation. Chocolate toxicity is a real thing for dogs. It is dependent on the amount eaten and the type of chocolate. For a guy his size to eat that small of an amount of a brownie, it shouldn't cause a toxic situation. It could cause some loose stool if he has more of a sensitive stomach, but I would be surprised if even that happened. This shouldn't have any issues for him.

Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
no phone call needed. Thanks so much.
DocPaul
Phone call session started
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian