Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I just had my first litter of Golden Retriever pups. My pups…

Customer Question
Hello, I just had...

Hello, I just had my first litter of Golden Retriever pups. My pups have round worms. I received wormer from my local vet and gave as directed. I had two pups that I sent home together to their forever homes yesterday. They are six weeks. The lady contacted me and stated her one pup was not eating and has vomited twice. She did see worms in both pups stools. I know round worms are common in pups. However, Im concerned that he is not eating for her.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your Golden Retriever eat anything unusual?

No. She tried to feed him the same canned dog food I gave him at the house. Which is Blue.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your Golden Retriever?

She states the two pups were up all last night with diarrhea. And the one hasn't ate in two days.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/18/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?