Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He is shaking, puking and has runy stolls. He ake something…

Customer Question
He is shaking,...

He is shaking, puking and has runy stolls

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

He ake something outside yesterday, but not sure what is was

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Pancakes 4 months old

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Pancakes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/18/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm here to help you with your question about Pancakes. I'm so sorry he's doing poorly, but glad you're looking for the information you need. It's so upsetting anytime a pet is ill, but even more worrisome when they're so young.

What is your question for me today, please?

My puppy is sick . He is puking, shaking and has diarrhea.

I understand. These are alarming symptoms. How long has it been going on? Is he still energetic? Has he been vaccinated for parvo?

Hey he has his parvo shots . Since last night . And no he has just been sleeping and every time he is out from under the covers he starts shaking, and wont eat or drink .

These are pretty alarming symptoms, especially for a puppy this young. When a pup has a simple upset stomach from eating something he shouldn't have, we expect him to still be bright and active and otherwise normal, just with vomiting and diarrhea. Since your puppy is lethargic and refusing to eat or drink, this warrants a visit to the vet as quickly as possible, even if that means going to the emergency center.

I'm sorry I don't have better news for you, but I would not advise waiting this out.

Does that help to answer your question at this point in time? I want to be as helpful as possible because I know what it's like to worry.

Just checking in to ask how Pancakes is doing. Is he on the mend yet?

Thank you,

Dr. Jo