Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He's shaking his head and whining some and our Vet is

Customer Question
He's shaking his head...

He's shaking his head and whining some and our Vet is closed. I wanted to know if there was something at the pharmacy that I could use on him.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Rebel and he

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Rebel?

Sorry ... Rebel and he's about 4, he's a rescue dog.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rebel?

No, he goes regularly. He's fine, just shaking his head and flopping his ears. He's a Bird Dog weighs about 70 lbs.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/18/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question about Rebel. If you look into his ears, is there black debris there or a bad odor?

No

Sorry for my delay as my internet cut out there. Has he had ear issues before? Typically when a dog starts to get uncomfortable and shaking their head, they have ear discomfort. The most common thing to cause that is an ear infection. These typically have debris associated with them in the ear or a bad odor. Rarely can they have something get into the ear to cause discomfort like a bug or something.

You sent a $28.00 charge thru my bank account, after telling me there would only be a $5.00 charge. So you charged me $33.00 today. That's bad business. I don't care to ever do business with you, please cancel me ! And also, I never got my answers about my dog, it was all about the money !!!

I will send your request to the moderators. I'm sorry for my delay in getting back to you as an internet connection was my issue. I personally have nothing to do with the fees and such. Sorry for that. I'm hoping Rebel is better here soon. More than likely an ear infection is the issue and you need to get to your vet as soon as possible for topical therapy. There isn't anything that I can recommend at home. Take care.