Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has a very dry rough looking nose and an eye lid and…

Customer Question
My dog has a...

My dog has a very dry rough looking nose and an eye lid and side of his jaw scabby crumbles which can be rubbed off only to return again. He has been on antibiotics thinking it is a bacterial problem, but after 2 complete rounds of the meds and spray of vermin which he winces at it is not getting better, the drs have done scrapping which showed it wasn't ringworm I was told.. any ideas.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infections your dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?

Bounder is a very frisky shelty (large) ,10 years old, eats too well, 41.8 pounda.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Bounder Boyd

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?

He loves to chase balls returns them . Is obedient, has fantastic fur trim color......did go to bed without being asked..a little unusual....vet said he did not have mites..thinks the next step is a biopsey...this is casting me over $100 a visit we are up to $400 at this point hmmm

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/18/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Beth, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Beth and I'll do my best to help you today! To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a moment to review your question - I am not the fastest typist so it may take me a few moments to type out a response.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions, this service is used for general information only and is not a substitute for a veterinarian patient relationship by examination.

Poor Bounder, sounds like he could be uncomfortable, and it's frustrating when you've tried several things and it is not getting better.

That's good that they've done some other testing to try to rule out some different infections.

How recently was he on the antibiotic, and do you know which one it was?