Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

She has an upset stomach and is pacing. Gracie, she s 4. She

she has an upset stomach...
she has an upset stomach and is pacing
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: gracie, she s 4
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Gracie?
Customer: she ate drywall today. She vomited earlier, food and drywall particles
11/18/2017
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

I am happy to help you.

Any diarrhea?

Still wants to eat?

Is the vomiting persisting?

Paul

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
She's eating and drinking. No diarrhea that I've seen. She just vomited again and there was a lot of drywall pieces in it, but they were all relatively small-about the size of a dime.

Thanks.

Here is what you need to do:

No more food until tomorrow

Offer small mount of water frequently

Buy some Zantac and give 1.0 mg/kg three times a day- This will settle the stomach

IF the vomiting continues then she needs to be examined and x-rays or abdominal ultrasound done.

IF she stops vomiting then we can watch till tomorrow and then start back with cooked hamburger and rice.

You should update me in a few hours- I will be up.

Make sense?

Paul

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
thank you so much! She seems to have settled down now.

You are welcome

And please dont forget to rate me- That is how I get paid

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian