Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog does not eat or drink anything today. Frisco. He is…

Customer Question
My dog does not...

My dog does not eat or drink anything today

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Frisco. He is 10 months old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Frisco?

He had parvo when he was 2 months old but he survived he even went to the dog park with me 11/15

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/18/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Beth, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Beth and I'll do my best to help you today! To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a moment to review your question - I am not the fastest typist so it may take me a few moments to type out a response.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions, this service is used for general information only and is not a substitute for a veterinarian patient relationship by examination.

It does sound like something is going on with Frisco, are you seeing any breathing changes?

Any vomiting or loose bowel movement?

He had 6-8 bm yesterday. they are small. Some are loose. Regular breathing.
He is lethargic. Not his normal playful self. Did not even his treat.

Poor guy, definitely sounds like he doesn't feel well - it can be a lot of things that can cause these signs, and it is difficult when they can't tell us what they are feeling, but I always worry with a young dog that is not eating, did they get into something - even if we don't know that we are missing anything.

Especially since he is not feeling any better this morning and refusing treats, the very safest thing would be to get him checked out in person with your regular vet today, if at all possible-

How is Frisco feeling, any better?