Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 8 year old male standard poodle vomited bright red frothy…

Customer Question
My 8 year old...

My 8 year old male standard poodle vomited bright red frothy vomit two times this evening

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

Not that I know of

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name?

Admiral

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Admiral?

Is there a way to upload a picture of the mess?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/18/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

A pic isn't necessary but I'd like to know what you think Admiral may have ingested that could have prompted his hematemesis (bloody vomitus). Were there any other symptoms leading up to these events?

Stomach making weird sounds earlier
Thank you for your time. I'm heading to my vet.

That's smart.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian