Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Are mandarins toxic to dogs as my Anatolian keeps eating…

Customer Question
Are mandarins toxic to...

Are mandarins toxic to dogs as my Anatolian keeps eating them down the garden are they don,t agree with him

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what the dog ate?

Mandarins,s he eats them when ever he thinks your not looking,his bowel movement leaves a lot to be desired

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

No he,s in good health except for this mandarin problem

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/18/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Altman, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you today! Please give me a few moments to respond and I will be back momentarily!

Oranges, tangerines, and clementines are not toxic to dogs. However, they are high in sugars and can potentially cause GI upset if your pet eats too many of them. The citric acid in these fruits is not a concern to dogs.

Just as with any other fruit it is not toxic but may not agree with him specifically so if there is a way you can section of the tree that would be ideal to minimize further gi upset. Because it is high in sugar it tastes good and he is not going to understand his gi upset is related to the ingestion

Please let me know how else I can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both, I am online another 30 minutes tonight (In the states)

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both

If the information I have provided was helpful I would be grateful if you would rate our chat with the stars at the top of the screen so I am compensated for my time. Thank you and best of luck to you both, truly!