Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My tiny little Chihuahua/Terrier has been hitting by someone…

Customer Question
My tiny little Chihuahua/Terrier...

My tiny little Chihuahua/Terrier has been hitting by someone (unknown).

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

Pain is all over her body. sensitive to a touch. I called her Vet and she has an appointment for this coming Tuesday, November 21. I don't have money to take to a local hospital. It is extremely expensive.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Vet?

Can I give her some childrenTylenol?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/18/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** am happy to help you with your question. Give me just a moment to respond and type.

N​o to the Tylenol. The only over the counter pain medication you can give her is aspirin. Use the human aspirin. The dose is 5-10 mg of aspirin per each pound of dog. For example a 10 pound dog would take 50-100 mg of aspirin. It should be given with food to help prevent gastrointestinal upset. It can be given every 12 hours as needed. So if she is not eating she can not take aspirin. If she is on any medications or has any underlying health issues let me know so I can tell you if there will be an adverse reaction if you give her aspirin. You can also use a heating pad on low over her back and that may help relax her and the muscles a bit. How does that sound? Do you have any other questions for me?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Gabby