Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

All of a sudden my dog acts scared to go up steps but she…

Customer Question
All of a sudden...

All of a sudden my dog acts scared to go up steps but she goes down the steps perfectly fine. What could that be?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your dog?

She’s all of a sudden scared to go up steps. She goes down but she won’t come up them anymore

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your dog seem to hurt?

She doesn’t seem seem hurt because she runs down but won’t come up the steps

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the dog's name and age?

Her name is ***** ***** she’s 8 yrs old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Suga?

If she has a stone could that be the problem

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/18/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Sara, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Sara
Dr. Sara, Veterinarian

Hi, this is Dr. Sara. Does Suga happen to be a small breed dog? Also, you mentioned a stone, does she have bladder stones and is she urinating normally?