Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She just swallowed little piece of fruit rolll up paper. Not…

Customer Question
She just swallowed little...

She just swallowed little piece of fruit rolll up paper

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Not the entire thing

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

About a 1/4th of the fruit rolled up in the paper She's 5.5 years old

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/17/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Nicole, Dog Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole, Dog Veterinarian
Hello. I am Dr. Nicole and I would be happy to help you with your question. I am working on a response right now and will be back shortly.
In general, something very small like that is not going to cause a problem. It is very soft and will pass through the digestive tract just fine. It is still always a good idea to monitor for normal appetite, water intake and regular bowel movements.
I hope that helps. Please let me know if you need anything else.
If you are satisfied with my assistance, a 5 star rating is always appreciated and is how we as experts are recognized and compensated for our time.
Keep me posted.
Sincerely,
Dr. Nicole

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Nicole