Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She's 13 fears old and has diabetes diagnosed yesterday. We…

Customer Question
She's 13 fears old...

She's 13 fears old and has diabetes diagnosed yesterday. We can't afford the costs so we've opted to not administer medication. Our vet said she has a couple of weeks to maybe a few months to live. WHAt will happen if the diabetes isn't treated. What infections may occur? We want to make what's left of her life to be manageable. Thank you.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infections the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name?

Her name is ***** ***** she's a shih tzu

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bree?

She has cataracts and cloudiness over her eye. I'm administering optimmune to her eyes twice a day. She's lost weight the last 3 weeks. She drinks alot and pees alot.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/17/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 9 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Was anything else abnormal aside from her blood sugar? Do you have a copy of the bloodwork to share?