Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

After a seizure 3 days ago my dog is contantly walking. You…

Customer Question
After a seizure 3...

After a seizure 3 days ago my dog is contantly walking. You can not calm him down. He walks always to the left. Took him to the vet and he is on kepra and phenobarbital. He had 2 seizure in tues but none since. He is eating ok.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?

PK he is 16 years old. I am wondering if Valium would work

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about PK?

He had a fall from 3 feet in August onto a concrete floor where immediately afterwards had a seizure. Got better after that. Also he has been slowing down. We thought a little doggie alzheimers but he was ok. Then on Monday the seizure happened. I gave him a lot of pain medicine for sleeping and his joints and he has now awoken from that but we can not stop him from walking constantly

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/17/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

hi I was waiting so long
I am afraid he may have brain damage with him going to the left all the time

Can you share a video of what you're seeing?

right now after walking for about 10 hrs today he finally slept and woke up at 7pm since then he went outside to urinate and my son has been holding him. Since he is quiet right now I do not want to put him down, however before my son started holding him again he started circling and getting lost in corners

The symptoms you're describing are quite concerning, especially since he cannot seem to calm down. If the symptoms persist, I would have him examined. Brain damage is a potential, but others as well such as a vestibular/equilibrium issue. Typically the faster these are treated the more successful the approach.

If he starts this behavior again tonight, please take a video and send it along. I'd like to see what you are seeing.

ok hold on my son just put him down Ill take video

I'll stand by.

Can't seem to add the video but he is starting to get agitated agin and pace faster like this morning and afternoon

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If you are located in the USA and texting pictures/video would be preferable, please let me know. There is an additional charge for this service but it can take the guesswork out of trying to get information back to me and facilitate a faster response.

I just cant get them off my phone and the one in the computer wont load sorry. Also seems like this function is not working well either as it wont post what I type. I have to keep refreshing the page
We're sorry – an unknown error occurred. Please try again-- this is what it is telling me

Very interesting. We can move to texting the video if that might be easier.

sorry not sure I want to pay more money, this should be working

Try youtube.com and see if that works.

Just tried to put on utube

There should be a link to share back, if it worked. You can post that in the chat box. Make sure it's public so I can view it.

File is short but it's too big to publish
It's still going through
I put one under sick dog and then Walking around. he is a poodle black

You'll need to share the video link back so that I can find it. There are millions of videos on Youtube.com. I cannot search for it.

What is the video link?
It didn't go through anyway

Once it processes, it should show a link at the top of the page. The same way this one has a link at the top of the page.

This is not working working
It does not seem to want to publish to u tube

Let me reach out to customer service for you. They may be able to offer assistance that I cannot though the website.

ok because im ready to quit this is not working for me and you