Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 5 yo german shepard has been vomiting for about a month…

Customer Question
My 5 yo german...

My 5 yo german shepard has been vomiting for about a month maybe longer. She is losing weight but still eating and very active, Has a good apetite. Havnt changed dog food and as for as I know hasn't gotten in to something, Underground fence keeps her on our prop. The vomit is dog food that's doesn't look like its been in stomach long. I was thinking a intestional virus or?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the German shepherd?

I have 2 and the other is fine. Like I said they play all day and you never know anything was wrong cause they play all day and eat good.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Still waiting,
11/17/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Beth, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Beth - I'm so sorry your question wasn't responded to sooner - different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your dog's problem, and want to help. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a moment to review your question - I am not the fastest typist so it may take me a few moments to type out a response.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions, this service is used for general information only and is not a substitute for a veterinarian patient relationship by examination.

.

I'm sorry to hear your girl is having vomiting issues, what is her name?

Have you been able to observe any of her bowel movements to see if they are normal texture or getting loose?