Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Last week a I put a blanket on top of my dogs crate. Once…

Customer Question
Hello, last week a...

Hello, last week a I put a blanket on top of my dogs crate. Once got home, the blanket was in the crate and wiped into pieces. Well last night my dog coughed up a huge piece of blanket. A couple of days prior she pooped a little piece. I didn't realize she ate initially because the blanket was ripped into a million pieces.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Her name is ***** ***** she 2. Shes a beagle lab mix and weights 30lbs

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Molly?

Last time I took her to the vet, she had enlarged glands. I was told she lacked fiber and was told to start putting pumpkin to help her poop better

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/16/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Beth, Dog Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Beth and I'll do my best to help you today! To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a moment to review your question - I am not the fastest typist so it may take me a few moments to type out a response.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions, this service is used for general information only and is not a substitute for a veterinarian patient relationship by examination.

How is Molly acting right now? Any change in her appetite?

The blanket wouldn't be toxic, but if she swallowed more than we realized it could cause some tummy upset, or even potentially a blockage.

When was her last bowel movement?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian