Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is Bassett Hound about 40 pounds she got ahold of a…

Customer Question
My dog is Bassett Hound...
My dog is Bassett Hound about 40 pounds she got ahold of a nighttime cold gel cap less than 30 minutes ago. She didn’t eat the outside, it looks like she just broke it, a little liquid was on the floor. I’m not sure how much of the liquid she injested. Should I give her peroxide to induce vomiting?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/16/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. THE WEBSITE SENDS THE REQUESTS; NOT MYSELF. If she didn't ingest the pill, she will most likely be fine.

Can you tell me the exact brand of the medication?

Any symptoms of illness so far?