Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog sprained his paw last night and can't walk on it. he…

Customer Question
My dog sprained his...

My dog sprained his paw last night and can't walk on it. he is 100 lb doberman so difficult to take him to vet

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Yes - no wound and also checked everything. no break - just slight swelling. he doesn't wince when i touch every part of paw

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name?

Rocky

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rocky?

No - very healthy otherwise

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/16/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

He can't put any weight on his right paw. And no vet was able to come to the house today. i have someone coming tomorrow at 4:30. Knee joint is very swollen. Bought dog aspirin today and gave him 3 tablets (allowable amount for 12 hours). Am setting up dog pads in the kitchen so he can pee and poop in the house because he is in pain and too far to go outside. Any pain management help you can provide for the next 24 hours?

Can you clarify which paw is injured? You've mentioned both a paw and a knee.

How did this injury occur?

Do you have any other medications on hand for discomfort?