Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I took my 11 year old yorkie to her vet appointment. They…

Customer Question
I took my 11...

I took my 11 year old yorkie to her vet appointment. They took her blood pressure and it was elevated. They took her in the back after that to clip her nails, do her anal glands and clean her ears and took blood. She hasn't peed since around 4:30 pm

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?

Bella and she recently had diagnosed with congestive heart failure

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bella?

With an enlarged heart and she now weighs 10.05 pounds. so she gained 1 pound since her last dr visit last month. ???

Veterinarian's Assistant: What confuses you?

She isn't walking around and shes just laying where I put her

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/16/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here.

Did they start her on blood pressure medications? and Hypertension medication?

Is she coughing?

How did they diagnose the heart failure?

And is she breathing faster then normal? Coughing?

Paul

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian