Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He got into some d-con rat poison, if he ate any it wasn't…

Customer Question
He got into some...

He got into some d-con rat poison, if he ate any it wasn't much but the pkg was torn open. It had to have been very old and can't even remember buying and I think it was in the back of a cabinet the usually doesn't have access to. He is acting fine. He is a 1 year old doxie about 14 lb. His blood does not clot so I have vitamin K on hand

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what the dog ate?

I saw the package torn open but if he ate any it wasn't much because it was a small package and there were still a lot of pellets on the floor

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

Other than than the inability for his blood to clot. Found that out when we had him neutered

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/16/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here.

I would be happy to help you.

How long ago was this?
Paul