Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My Taco Terrier has all of a sudden started throwing up. The…

Customer Question
My Taco Terrier has...

My Taco Terrier has all of a sudden started throwing up. The colours have gone from white and foamy, to yellow, and now pink. Should l get her to emergency. She seemed fine earlier in the day, now all of a sudden has become quiet and couch bound. She is only 3.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the terrier eat anything unusual?

No, in fact didn't eat dinner.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the terrier's name?

Amanda

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Amanda?

No, she is usually go...go ...go

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Very slimy, thick pink mucous
11/16/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Sara, Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. Sara
Dr. Sara, Veterinarian

Hi, this is Dr. Sara. Poor little munchkin! It's been about 15 minutes since you posted, how many times in the last hour has she vomited?

She vomited on and off for the last hour. Brought her to Emergency last night and she was admitted for tests and exrays. Thanks much.

Thanks for letting me know, hope all is ok

Thank-you. She is still in hospital undergoing another battery of tests and an ultrasound. They suspect a gastrointestinal infection. Has a tube in her nose and is still hooked up to an iv. Again, thanks for your time.
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian