Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I made a steak for lunch didn't finish it and my dog took it…

Customer Question
I made a steak...

I made a steak for lunch didn't finish it and my dog took it out of the garbage and licked it before he could eat it I took it away

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Cooper and 6 months

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cooper?

Nooo

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/15/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- Did he eat it? If so, did it have a bone?

he didn't eat it, it had no bone, he just licked the steak
it was just well seasoned haha

Friend, sometimes when dogs eat very spicy food they can vomit or develop pancreatitis. However, in this case, I doubt anything will happen if he only licked it; I would keep an eye on him, but, I would not be overly concerned.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter